TURKEY’S VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR THE YEMENIS
Applying for the Turkish visa will be much easier with this guide.
As a Yemen citizen, you need a visa in order to visit Turkey. In this case, depending on the purpose of your visit, you have two options.
APPLYING FOR E-VISA
WHAT IS E-VISA?
E-visa is a type of visa that is used for tourism or business purposes. It lasts for 180 days and the visitor has only 30 days to spend in the country with e-visa. E-visa is different from the regular visa in the sense that it is very quick to acquire, in about 15 minutes. You don’t need to stress about getting a visa just to travel.
CAN YEMEN CITIZENS GET AN E-VISA TO VISIT TURKEY?
Yes, Yemen is one of the countries that can get an e-visa to Turkey. However, they can only get a single-entry visa to Turkey that allows 30 day visit only.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- In order to get an e-visa, you need a valid passport or a substitute travel document that needs to last at least 60 days from the duration of your visa.
- You should be traveling for either tourism or business.
- You have to have a return ticket, hotel reservation as well as at least $50 per day of your stay in Turkey.
- You need a round-trip ticket from Turkish Airlines, Onur Air, Pegasus Airlines or Atlasglobal Airlines.
There seem to be no other additional requirements for Yemen citizens as of 2019. However, the regulations may change in time. Therefore, if there are any additional requirements, you will be informed during the application process.
HOW TO APPLY FOR E-VISA TO VISIT TURKEY?
The application for the e-visa is extremely simple. All you have to do is visit the electronic visa application system of the Republic of Turkey at https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/.
The application is made up of three steps.
- Apply. Enter your country and the type of passport you have along with the security verification.
- After seeing in between which dates are your e-visa is valid, and choosing the arrival date in Turkey, fill your personal information and you are ready to make the payment using your credit card or debit card. The visa fee is $60 for Yemen citizens as of 2019.
- And you are done! You can download the document to show at the airport.
APPLYING FOR A VISA TO VISIT TURKEY
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY FOR VISA AND NOT E-VISA?
If you are planning to visit Turkey for any reason other than business or tourism or you wish to stay longer than 30 days, you should apply for a regular visa. You can apply for tourist or business visa, official duty visa, study visa, work permit and other visas.
For Yemen citizens, those who have diplomatic and official passports are not required to have a visa for 30 days. However, those who have ordinary passports are required to get a visa.
WHICH DOCUMENTS ARE REQUIRED?
To get a tourist visa to visit Turkey, you need to have certain documents. These documents are as follows:
- Biometric photograph
- Passport or a substitute ID card
- Documents that show your financial status of the last 6 months
- Documents to prove that you can financially support yourself throughout your stay.
- Having booked a hotel room or having an invitation
- Confirmed flight reservation and round-trip tickets
- The document that indicates you will go back to your home country once your visa is expired.
- Medical insurance for traveling
- Copy of the completed visa application form
- Having a Police Clearance Certificate (PPC). If you have travelled to the U.S.A, United Kingdom or any Schengen countries, Police Clearance Certificate is not required.
Even though these are the documents that are generally required, there may be changes according to each country. In order to receive more information about the required documents please contact the Turkish consulates in your country.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS OF APPLYING FOR A VISA?
You need to make sure that you have a valid passport with the expiration date being at least 60 days beyond the expiration date of the visa.
WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU HAVE AN INVITATION LETTER?
Some people can visit a country without needing a visa if they have an invitation letter. If this is the case for you, then, first of all, you need to provide everything that is stated in the letter. For the letter to be valid, the write of the said letter should include their Republic of Turkey ID number, home address, contact information as well as the details such as the purpose of the invitation and how long the person will stay in Turkey.
If the writer of the invitation letter is related to the person who is being invited, it should be mentioned in the letter. If the writer of the invitation letter will cover the expenses of the person who is being invited, the writer needs to include the documents of their income and savings in the letter. If the invitation letter is sent by a company, their tax certificate should be included in the invitation letter.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE VISA?
You need to download the visa application form from the official website of the Republic of Turkey, Ministry of Foreign Affairs or you can get the physical copy from the Turkish embassy. After completing and signing the form, you need to gather all the other documents that are needed for the particular visa you are applying for. While submitting the visa form and all the other required documents, you are also required to pay the application fee which may be different for each country and it can change any time, therefore, please get in contact with the Turkish Embassy in your country for more information.
IS THE APPLICATION FEE REFUNDABLE?
In the case of your visa application being refused, the application fee cannot be refunded.
Make sure to apply for the visa at least 2 weeks prior to your travel date for the process to be completed within the limited time frame.
Try to bring both the original copies and the photocopies of the required documents at the time of application to avoid any problem.
Fill the visa application form with accurate information and do not present false documents during the application process.